Re: How was newlib supposed to have been used?

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 17:06 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> That's enough for newlib. But I don't think that is enough for GNAT.
> Especially if you want to use any features in the language of interest.
> Ada includes it own tasking model which in the case of RTEMS and
> GNU/Linux is implemented in terms of pthreads.
>
> With RTEMS you get a good baseline of functionality for GNAT.  You

Right, here's the email I sent earlier titled "Building GNAT (Ada) 4.2.2
for bare hardware"

Hi,

I'm looking to build a version of gnat (Ada) for bare hardware but it
requires dirent.h which isn't supported by newlib.

My targets are i386-elf, x86_64-elf, mips-elf and mipsel-elf. I'm
attempting to write an OS  from scratch using Ada and don't require much
of the runtime like tasking, exceptions, file IO, etc.

For more of idea of what I'm planning, go to http://www.archeia.com and
look for the TAMP entry.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Luke A. Guest.

Once and for all, I'm not wanting RTEMS!

Luke.