Porting Newlib to Microchip's dsPIC series

Hey,

I am porting Newlib to Microchip's line of 16-bit microcontrollers (I
am using a dsPIC33FJ256GP710).  The compiler is invoked using the name
"pic30-gcc".  I have some platform specific implementations of things
like brk, sbrk, etc.  Where should I put those?

I put them in "newlib/libc/sys/pic30", and I think that I made my
Automake and Autoconf files correctly (though it's my first time
actually editing automake or autoconf files), but the source files
that I added are not getting compiled.

My "setjmp" and "longjmp", which I have placed in
"newlib/libc/machine/pic30" are correctly getting built and linked.

Thanks,
Leo