Re: Building newlib and gcc for ARM Thumb2

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 16:41 -0500, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Regarding building newlib, you should know about multilibs.  Multilibs
> are versions of the library
> built with specific options.  The compiler determines what multilibs
> should exist and how to build them.

Hmm, if you only want to support cortex-m3 with your toolchain, you
might be better off configuring gcc to build only for that CPU.  Try:

<gcc-sources>/configure --target=arm-none-eabi --with-cpu=cortex-m3 --with-mode=thumb --disable-multilib ...

Your compiler will then be built specifically for cortex-m3 and your
build of newlib should then be optimized specifically for that CPU.

Don't try to use a toolchain built that way for any CPU other than the
one specified; it probably wouldn't work very well.

R.

NB.  I haven't actually tried the above, but it should work...