Re: long double (was "strtold?")

On Mar 12 10:14, Ken Werner wrote:
>  The attached patch uses the macro defined in
> float.h as Konrad described. The GCC builtin macros have been submitted in 2007
> (released with GCC 4.3) while our users might use older versions.
>
> Regards
> Ken

> newlib/ChangeLog:
>
> 2009-03-12  Ken Werner  <ken.werner@de.ibm.com>
>
>         * libc/include/stdlib.h: Include float.h.
>         * libc/include/stdlib.h (strtold): Declare.
>         * libc/include/math.h: Include float.h and machine/math.h.
>           (atanl, cosl, sinl, tanl, tanhl, frexpl, modfl, ceill, fabsl, floorl,
>           log1pl, expm1l, acosl, asinl, atan2l, coshl, sinhl, expl, ldexpl,
>           logl, log10l, powl, sqrtl, fmodl, hypotl, copysignl, nanl, ilogbl,
>           asinhl, cbrt, nextafterl, rintl, scalbnl, exp2l, scalblnl, tgammal,
>           nearbyintl, lrintl, llrintl, roundl, lroundl, truncl, remquol, fdiml,
>           fmaxl, fminl, fmal, acoshl, atanhl, remainderl, lgammal, erfl, erfcl):
>           Declare.
>           Remove duplicate copysign prototype.
>           Fix __math_68881 define typo.
>         * libc/include/machine/math.h (llround, llroundl): Declare.

Given that llround and llroundl are POSIX APIs, I wonder if they shouldn't
be in libc/include/math.h like everything else, just defined for SPU only
for now.  Eventually this API should be available for all targets.

The strtold patch in stdlib.h should be accompanies by a matching patch
for wcstold in wchar.h, probably.

Other than that, I guess we should wait for Jeff.  I'm not feeling
confortable to check this in.  But thanks for providing this patch.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader