newlib with avr-libc support

Hello,

I am working as a gsoc student on porting rtems to the atmega128.

I am having some trouble adding the .h files from avr-libc to newlib.
the end result I would like is to have two directories in the newlib include path with the avr specific .h file in them so that when the files are included in the code they would be included in the same way as would be done with avr-libc
ie. #include <avr/interrupts.h>
this is my first time attempting something like this and all the help and patience is greatly appreciated.

Josh