About endianess defination

Hello, all :
     I build my newlib port, but there is an error in it.
     It told me the endianess undefined in ieeefp.h.
     Here is the message:
     /home/daniel.tian/gcc_rice_dev/rice-binutils/newlib-1.16.0/newlib/libc/include/machine/ieeefp.h:327:2:
error: #error Endianess not declared!!

     But I 've already defined the the macro in ieeefp.h:

#ifdef __RICE__
#define __IEEE_LITTLE_ENDIAN
#endif
    The problem is I don't know where the macro __RICE__ should be
defined. I checked the CRX processor, and I don't find where it
defined.
    This is my first to port the newlib. So there may be many problem,
difficult for me, but easy for your guys.
    Any suggestion is appreciated.
    Thank you very much.

     Best wishes.
                                                                        daniel