Re: sched.h question

On Mar 27 16:31, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when you build RTEMS + newlib, there
> are two sched.h files and a sys/sched.h
>
> + newlib sched.h - very minimal, includes <sys/sched.h>
> + newlib sys/sched.h - very minimal, defines struct sched_param
> + RTEMS sched.h - prototypes sched_XXX methods.
>
> Would it be OK to submit a patch to add the prototype of
> the following to newlib/libc/include/sched.h:
>
> + sched_setparam
> + sched_getparam
> + sched_setscheduler
> + sched_getscheduler
> + sched_get_priority_min

  + sched_get_priority_max

> + sched_rr_get_interval
> + sched_yield
>
> Asking since modifying files in libc/include impacts
> everything.

IMHO, that's fine.

Can we please create sched.h and sys/sched.h which can be shared with
Cygwin as well?  Right now Cygwin uses its own sched.h, but the only
actual difference are the values of the three defines SCHED_OTHER (3),
SCHED_FIFO (1), and SCHED_RR (2).  We have to stick to these values for
backward compatibility, but it's no precedent to have different defines
in a file for different platforms, so that should be ok.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader