From: Howland Craig D (Craig)
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 12:27 PM
To: 'Daniel Calcoen'; newlib@sourceware.org
Subject: RE: question on wrong result for small numbers from strtod(),
strtof()

So I fixed one case and broke some others.  I'll think about it some
more, but I probably won't get to it for a few days.

It is possible for you to use your double-is-64-bits option on a
permanent basis?  (The strtod code was originally written assuming
64-bit double.  Tracking this down might be very difficult.)