Re: RFA: Remove ARM syscall support from newlib

> Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:51:43 +0100
> From: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>

> > Richard E.:
> > Won't this require all users to now use a link script in order to build
> > their binaries.  If so, then I think this will break testing of GCC.
>
> You're right. :-(
>
> *sigh*, so as I see there are three ways that we can proceed:

Ugh.  I don't test for ARM very often, but if I let this pass I
fear I'll have some of this forced upon me some time later as
the preferred method...

There's a fourth, less horrible way (if I understand your
problem to be what I saw for cris-elf eons ago):

Remove syscalls as you please in newlib.  In the "all" method in
libgloss, copy the corresponding objects and archives from
libgloss to newlib where dejagnu et al expects them.  See
libgloss/cris/Makefile.in.

brgds, H-P