Re: newlib.git: cvs-to-git mirror imminent

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 10/07/2011 06:31 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:
>> Jim Meyering wrote:
>>> I'm about to set up a read-only git mirror of sourceware.org's cvs
>>> newlib repository.  When it's on-line, you should see it in this list:
>>>
>>>      http://sourceware.org/git/
>>>
>>> and be able to clone it via this:
>>>
>>>      git clone git://sourceware.org/git/newlib.git
>>>
>>> The git repository will be sync'd from CVS every hour or so.
>>
>> It's done.
>> Note that since there $Id$ lines in some files, you'll
>> see differences like these when comparing git to CVS:
>
> I don't know which tool you applied, but for me in such occasions
> git cvsimport -k
> or
> cvs2git --keywords-off
> had always worked.

I used a hacked cvsparse to do the initial conversion and had thought
it took care of using cvs's -kk option, but apparently it does not.

If this is a big deal to anyone, let me know.
Otherwise, I'll just leave it as is.

I'm hoping someone will make it a moot point by performing the
global removal.