Re: lm32 newlib build, libgloss not getting built

On 01/10/2012 09:13 PM, JP wrote:
I'm trying to build a newlib/libgloss for the lm32 (using clang). I'm
running into a problem where the configure script removes libgloss from
the list of directories to be built.
*rtems* targets don't use libgloss.

You need to choose a different "cpu-vendor-os" target tuple for your target. newlib's configurations contains some magic to switch off building libgloss for targets whose OS tuple matches with "rtems*".

I'm not really sure what's wrong.

I tweaked the configure script to print the relevant information. The
configure script thinks the host and target are the same
This would be correct.

and I'm not
building a cross compiler.
Likely the configury is detecting you don't have your target's cross-compiler installed and falls back to using the native compiler.

This behavior is a nuissance/defect/feature (depending on your POV) of all autoconf-based configure scripts.

This happens when trying to build newlib standalone without having a cross-toolchain installed in advance to building newlib or if not building the target-compiler at the same time as newlib (aka. one-tree-style building GCC).

Building RTEMS GCCs one-tree-style using clang as host compiler is known to work.

RaÃf