Re: [patch, testsuite] test newlib.string/strcmp-1.c takes too long

On May  1 17:49, Greta Yorsh wrote:
> The test of strcmp in newlib.string testsuite can take too long to run on
> simulators, resulting in timeout failures.
>
> This patch creates a short version of the test, by reducing the length and
> the number of strings to compare. This patch also adds a new macro LONG_TEST
> to control whether a short or a more comprehensive test should be used.
> LONG_TEST is not set by default.

I'm wondering if that's the right way to solve the problem.  In theory,
whatever you set these values to, you could find a simulator which is
hitting your timeout values.  Wouldn't it make more sense to raise the
timeout values in the testsuite?

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen