Problem with building PDFs

Hi!

I have a problem with building PDF files of the most recent newlib (taken from git repo). The funny thing is that the pdfs are generated and are OK in the troubling places, but the process ends with an error code...

It basically looks like this:

./time/strftime.def:212: You can't use `@unskip' in vertical mode.
@*->@unskip
            @hfil @break @hbox {}@ignorespaces
l.212 @*

Output written on libc.pdf (330 pages, 742959 bytes).
Transcript written on libc.log.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdfetex exited with bad status, quitting.

The @unskip thing repeats several times previously, but not for all all the files included - it shows for: sscanf.def, swscanf.def and strftime.def

The same happens for other pdfs (like libm.pdf), but running "make pdf" several times (3?) allows it to finish, as the pdf files are there...

This is happening on a very recent Arch Linux, there were some updates to texlive packages. I can succesfuly perform pdf generating steps for other software (like binutils) and even some from newlib (configure.pdf, standards.pdf)

The problem is reported in places like this:

@end table

@*

But the .def files for previously built version are identical... /;

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Any more relevant info I could provide?

Generally I'm trying to rebuild a linaro toolchain, so the configure line looks more or less like this:

echo Task [III-2] /$HOST_NATIVE/newlib/
saveenv
prepend_path PATH $INSTALLDIR_NATIVE/bin
saveenvvar CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET '-g -O2 -fno-unroll-loops -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections'
rm -rf $BUILDDIR_NATIVE/newlib && mkdir -p $BUILDDIR_NATIVE/newlib
pushd $BUILDDIR_NATIVE/newlib

$SRCDIR/$NEWLIB/configure  \
    $NEWLIB_CONFIG_OPTS \
    --target=$TARGET \
    --prefix=$INSTALLDIR_NATIVE \
    --infodir=$INSTALLDIR_NATIVE_DOC/info \
    --mandir=$INSTALLDIR_NATIVE_DOC/man \
    --htmldir=$INSTALLDIR_NATIVE_DOC/html \
    --pdfdir=$INSTALLDIR_NATIVE_DOC/pdf \
    --disable-newlib-io-long-long --enable-newlib-reent-small \
    --enable-newlib-register-fini \
    --disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls \
    --disable-nls

make -j$JOBS

make install

make pdf <- this fails

target is arm-none-eabi

I've successfully built the whole toolchain with the docs about 2.5 months ago (end of October), this was also using most recent newlib at that time and most recent system packages (at that time).

Thx for help!

4\/3!!