Re: <sys/cdefs.h> patch set overview

Hi Sebastian,

On Apr 17 15:21, Sebastian Huber wrote:
Hello,

Joel Sherrill already posted something similar several months ago.
This patch series attempts to make a review easier.

http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2012/msg00336.html

The general objectives are explained here:

http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2012/msg00332.html

The main goal is to make it as easy as possible to use FreeBSD
sources along with Newlib.  It is also possible to use a RTEMS
specific <sys/cdefs.h>, but I think the FreeBSD compatibility may be
of general interest for Newlib users.

Attached is a difference between the FreeBSD and Newlib
<sys/cdefs.h> after these patches.

I'm not sure I understand.  The below patch is the diff between our
sys/cdefs.h and FreeBSD sys/cdefs.h after applying your patches?

Yes, exactly. The '-' lines show what is missing from FreeBSD and the '+' lines show what Newlib has in addition to FreeBSD (seems to be stuff from glibc <sys/cdefs.h>).

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de

Diese Nachricht ist keine geschÃftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.