Changing the output port address.

Hi,
I am working on powerpc platform. I am trying to change the output
address so that when I use printf or puts or putc, the output is
pointed to an address given by me instead of the console. Please help
how I can do this. I tried changing the sfvwrite in puts.c to write
and editing write.c in libgloss by adding an outbyte function that
writes to my required address and it workied. But the problem is both
sfvwrite and write have different return types which is causing a
problem Please help in achieving this.

Thank you,
Sivakumar