Adding new target to newlib

Hello folks,

I have succesfully ported GCC and Binutils for a new CPU (32bit RISC) .
I took up the afford and tried to port newlib for that processor too.
What I did:
1) I selected an already existing target and changed whatever needed changing.
2) I followed the guide for the or32

In both cases I can't seem to succesfully make my target.

This is the part of the make output that complains about my target:
Makefile:1438: warning: overriding commands for target `lib_a-mbtowc_r.o'
Makefile:788: warning: ignoring old commands for target `lib_a-mbtowc_r.o'
Makefile:1640: warning: overriding commands for target `lib_a-vfwscanf.o'
Makefile:1375: warning: ignoring old commands for target `lib_a-vfwscanf.o'
/bin/sh: Zeile 0: cd: eco32: No such file or directory
cp: eco32/lib.a: No such file or directory
make[6]: *** [lib.a] Error 1
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
eco32-ar: ../machine/lib.a: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-target-newlib] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The problem could be in my configuration files because autoconf and co. won't really run because the version seems to be to new on my system.

I would really appreaciate some pointers into the right direction.
After rewriting the configuration files over and over again I hope someone can help me out a little.

With best regards,
Jens Mehler