Re: [Patch, Newlib/Libm] Avoid index.html and Index.html file name clash on platform like windows

On Nov  7 13:34, Terry Guo wrote:

> > > I think so, but I'm not a texinfo expert.  I noticed that the
> > > equivalent lines in libc/libc.texinfo are:
> > >
> > >   * Library Index::
> > >
> > >   [...]
> > >
> > >   @node Library Index
> > >   @unnumbered Index
> > >
> > > Note the "Index" in the unnumbered directive.  Is that a bug in
> > > libc/libc.texinfo, or should libm/libm.texinfo do the same?

> > Jeff Johnston wrote:
> > > I think it is fine in libc and libm should probably do the same.  The
> > > Index chapter in libc should not be a numbered chapter.  The node
> > > refers to it properly.
> > >
> > > From the texinfo documentation on @unnumbered/@appendix:
> > >
> > > "Use the @unnumbered command to start a chapter-level element that
> > > appears without chapter numbers of any kind. Use the @appendix
> > command
> > > to start an appendix that is labeled by letter (âAâ, âBâ, â) instead
> > > of by number; appendices are also at the chapter level of structuring."
> > >
> > > "Write an @appendix or @unnumbered command at the beginning of a
> > line
> > > and follow it on the same line by the title, just as with @chapter.
> > >
> > > -- Jeff J.
> >
> > Thank you guys for your comments. I now updated the patch and rerun the
> > test. No problem found. Is it OK now?
> > [...]

Uh, sorry guys, but you seem to have both misunderstood me.  What I
was up to is the fact that the @unnumbered entry in libc.texinfo is
*not* "Library Index", but only "Index".  My question was about this
point.  What's right for the @unnumbered entry, just "Index" as in
libc.texinfo or ""Library Index" as Terry proposed now?

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer