Re: libc/sys/rdos has DOS format files

On 11/21/2013 11:30 AM, Leif Ekblad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can run dos2unix on them.

I am going to take this as permission to do this. :)

The changelog entry doesn't really wrap but it is committed now.

2013-11-21  Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com>

        * libc/sys/rdos/chown.c, libc/sys/rdos/close.c,
libc/sys/rdos/execve.c,
        libc/sys/rdos/fork.c, libc/sys/rdos/fstat.c, libc/sys/rdos/getpid.c,
        libc/sys/rdos/gettod.c, libc/sys/rdos/isatty.c,
libc/sys/rdos/kill.c,
        libc/sys/rdos/link.c, libc/sys/rdos/lseek.c, libc/sys/rdos/open.c,
        libc/sys/rdos/rdos.h, libc/sys/rdos/read.c,
libc/sys/rdos/readlink.c,
        libc/sys/rdos/sbrk.c, libc/sys/rdos/stat.c, libc/sys/rdos/symlink.c,
        libc/sys/rdos/times.c, libc/sys/rdos/unlink.c, libc/sys/rdos/wait.c,
        libc/sys/rdos/write.c: Convert from DOS to UNIX CRLF.

> A general problem with the rdos target in newlib is that it is out-of-date
> and no longer functional in newer releases of rdos.
> I was about to update the rdos files half a year ago, but then run into a
> few problems and lack of time. I did get most of the
> changes in GCC done and commited.

It is hard to keep up. I know on RTEMS we have worked hard to
put a process and structure in place to encourage us to push
upstream in small, incremental patches.

> A problem was with the multitasking interface, which was not well-done in
> newlib for supporting targets with a native thread interface not compatible
> with Posix threads. Has this been modified so it is possible to provide a
> thread-safe library without special names for reentrant functions using
> TLS-support?

I will leave this to someone else. You may want to start a new thread
with a better subject.