Re: Patch - Add restrict to time.h

> On Nov 25 11:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Nov 24 11:45, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> This should be the next to the last patch in the Google Code-In
>>> add restrict keyword series. wchar.h should be the last.
>>>
>>> This patch has one oddity -- strftime and wcsftime are built
>>> from the same source as best I can tell. And there are multiple
>>> versions of them in the same file to support different build
>>> options.
>>>
>>> Please review this one a little closer than the others.
>>
>> I did and it looks good to me.  There are only two functions,
>> strftime and wcsftime, and two variations, with and without C99
>> extensions, to get either completeness or smaller codesize.
>> This does not affect the definition of the entry points.
>>
>> Please apply.
>
> It looks like your patches miss a few restricts in the header
> files.  I was just having another look and I found at least
> ctime_r im time.h and

Where do you see restrict on ctime_r()? It isn't in POSIX 2013.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/time.h.html

> renameat in stdio.h.  Yes, the latter is Cygwin-only, but that
> doesn't mean we should leave them out, does it?  Would you mind to
> have another sweep at this to pick up the missed ones?

renameat() also does not have restrict in POSIX 2013.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/rename.html

I am happy to fix mistakes but these follow POSIX.

--joel