RTEMS Patches Pending and Our Activity

Hi

In case it hasn't been obvious from the patches, RTEMS is
in the middle of some major SMP work. We are trying to also
address C99 and POSIX 2013 but this is a slower ongoing
effort. We have just taken advantage of Google Code-In to
get some movement there.

With that in mind, I still think RTEMS has a few patches
to push hard on before the traditional newlib December
release:

+ Sebastian's variable size cpuset patch
+ add pthread affinity patch
+ pthread push/pop patch
  - Sebastian .. If you sent me the corresponding RTEMS
    patch, I missed it.
+ I want to make a double pass that restrict didn't end up in
  the traditional prototype section of documentation.
+ Sebastian.. anything else?

We really need to get the pthread and cpuset patches merged
because it is negatively impacting our ability to cooperate
on implementing the meat underneath the APIs.

My plan is that RTEMS have a newlib version bump when all
these are in and commit the corresponding RTEMS patches that
won't build until they are in. We build our tools against
a CVS date tag so it is just a matter of moving that forward
when all the pieces are in place.

I hope this gives you all some more insight at a high level
and the seemingly random set of patches makes more sense.

Thanks.