Re: How to resolve hiccups by patch program?

In any case, patchutils is not involved.

But let us see how useful your software is for other usual applications.
I did not get the expected result by the filterdiff command. So I have tried an alternative way to extract something.
$ splitdiff -a const4.patch

Files for 76 parts were successfully created. I've looked at the first one. "const4.patch.part001" contains two lines at the end that should belong to the next file, shouldn't they?
It seems that the text "Index: apps/app_alarmreceiver.c" and "===== ..." belongs to a kind of extension. Would you like to support that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff#Extensions

Would you like to add a command option that the part number will not be written as a suffix of the file name?
(I would prefer a name like "test.1.part.patch" to make the work with file associations easier.)

Regards,
Markus