Need help with MSVC++5.0

Hello all,

I  am having difficulty compiling a simple pthreads program using MSVC++
from inside the Visual environment. The program compiles and runs OK from
the command line, but gets many syntax errors in winnt.h (even though I'm
compiling on WIN98 in all cases) when compiled  from inside the env.

Has anyone tried to compile a pthreads program from inside the Visual C++
Development environment? Did you have to specify any special options or put
the options in a particular order? Did you have to do any special #defines?
Did I miss something in the FAQ?

regards,
D.J. Foreman
website: http://watson2.cs.binghamton.edu/~foreman