Question

Hi there. I came accross CygWin a while ago while looking for a way to
develop my linux code while trapped on my portable computer with
windowsNT. So far, it has helped immensly, and I give my thanks where it
is due. However, I have a question... I have recently added threading to
my code, and found that the pthreads32 gives undefined reference to
'pthread_create' when linking. It isn't just 'pthread_create', but it
would seem all of the pthreads functions. The code compiles fine, just
won't link, so I'm thinking it's not the headers but the library in some
way. So I researched it a bit, and kept reading something about ming or
something or other. I am in no way an expert programmer, and I'm
probably asking something that's well known to all but me... Does
pthreads32 work in CygWin? If so... how do I make it work? I've tried
downloading the pthreads3 source and compiling that with gcc as well,
but with no success, seeing:

condvar.c: In function `int cond_timedwait(struct pthread_cond_t_ **,
struct pth
read_mutex_t_ **, const struct timespec *)':
condvar.c:538: parse error before `)'
condvar.c:538: parse error before `*'
condvar.c:545: request for member `execute' in `cleanup(...)', which is
of non-a
ggregate type `PThreadCleanup ()(...)'
make: *** [condvar.o] Error 1

If anyone could point out what I'm doing wrong, or just tell me that
it's not gunna be possible at this point to develop threaded
applications this way, I'd be grateful.

Rather than being replied asking for specifics about what I'm running:

     586 40MB RAM
     Cygwin B20
     egcs-2.91.57 ?
     WindowsNT

Thank you very much in advance....

#   Keith A. Jackson            #  (CBP)
#   dshadow@cambridgeoaks.com   #
#   keithj@agvp.com             #