RE: pthread_exit bug ?

[snip]
> My program creates several threads.  At termination,
> each thread (except the main thread) terminates by calling
> pthread_exit, then the main thread terminates by
> calling pthread_exit (at this point, all my threads
> are terminated, therefore the process should disapear).

(This note does not try to diminish the meaning of the reported bug)
Q: Is there a reason to use pthread_exit from the main thread? A special
functionality prehaps? Specifically, I would like to know if there's some
difference between these two code snips:

(a)
int main(void)
{
    //Do some threading stuff...
    return (24);
}

(b)
void main(void)
{
    //Do some threading stuff...
    pthread_exit(24);
}

From the rather ideological reasons  :) I prefer the (a) version, but will
gladly learn if there's a point in the (b) version.

Looking forward to anyone answering;
Yours sincerely,
	Milan G.