Pthreads over Win32 / Condition Variables (fwd)

Hi all,

Graham Dumpleton (email included below) has discovered a bug in
condvar.c, and provided the fix. I think the fix is correct and will
include it, but in looking at the code I've found another bug
nearby.

The internal routine Cond_timedwait, called by pthread_cond_wait and
pthread_cond_timedwait, is a cancelation point. In case the thread
is canceled while it's waiting, the code pushes a cleanup handler
(actually just pthread_mutex_lock) to re-lock the mutex associated
with the CV. At the moment this is all it does.

The canceled waiting thread doesn't decrement the waiting threads
count (cv->waiters) and so the count will never get back to zero,
and the true last waiter will never notify the broadcasting thread.

I suspect the cleanup handler also needs to check if a broadcast is
in effect and if it's the last waiting thread, and finish off the
broadcast if it is.

If this is correct I'll fix it for the next snapshot.

Ross Johnson