problems debugging

Hello all -

I have been using pthreads_win32 for about 2 years now - with great
success.  I am using MSVC version 6.0, and my version of pthreads_win32 was
downloaded as a pre-built DLL.

However, I have always had a problem debugging.  If my program crashes (due
to my own errors) while executing code running in pthread, the IDE output
window procuces a message similar to:

First-chance exception in NHServer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
The thread 0x131 has exited with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF).

Normally, the debugger will stop execution of the program, and show me the
exact line in my code that caused the access violation.  This feature saves
lots of time debugging, and I really miss it when I am using pthreads.

I did read a post on the mailing list that talked about some problems in
this area, but the post seemed to indicate that this issue had been
resolved in the latest version.  I downloaded the newest version (Sep 08)
but I am still getting the same results.  I tried both the C exception and
Structure exception libraries.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Ed

Ed Barker