Posix

Hello,

I am porting some app from Linux to Win32. The app uses functions:
pthread_mutex_init(&myId, NULL) pthread_attr_init(&myAttributes) and so on.
Before calling functions it does not allocate memory for myId and
myAttributes variables. As I understand this in correct behavior in Linux
environment because memory is allocated inside the functions but wrong in
Win32 because it is necessary allocate memory before calling the functions.
Am I right? If yes then my question is: why in Win32 you have not emulated
Linux's behavior?

Thanks,
Alexey Sushkov.