From: Phil Frisbie, Jr. [mailto:phil@hawksoft.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 7:59 PM
To: Alexey Sushkov
Subject: Re: Posix

Alexey Sushkov wrote:

> Hello Phil,
>
> Thank you for quick answer. Yes I'am using POSIX Threads for Win32
Library.

Sorry for that question, I did not notice that your message came from the
pthreads-win32 mail list. Did I reply to the list, or directly to you? I was
not
yet fully awake this morning :)

> I have new question: are you allocate memory before using the functions?

No. Both pthread_attr_init and pthread_mutex_init allocate the structures.

> If yes it means that the app I am porting has bugs because there no memory
> allocation before using the functions. There is passed only a pointer to
> pointer into the functions.

You only pass a pointer to pointer for both.

Are you having a problem compiling your app? Or running it?

> With best regards,
> Alexey Sushkov.

Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Lead Developer, Hawk Software