From: Phil Crescioli [mailto:pcrescio@dsrnet.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 1:33 PM
To: pthreads-win32@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: pthread, posix msg queues, and unix ipc

Hello all,
I'm working on multiple platforms using pthreads and deciding on
a message transfer mechanism for each platforms internal transfers
 - either posix message queues or unix IPC.

Can someone tell me the main differences between Posix Message Queues and
Unix IPC message transfers using msgget(), msgsnd(), msgrcv() ?

Also, does Linux 2.x support posix message queues ?  I cant seem to find
mq_open,
mq_send, etc.. on my Linux 2.4 box.  Is this a Linux add-on I need to
download off the net?

Thanks,
Phil