Re: PthreadVSE.dll or PthreadVCE.dll

Hi,

Generally it appears that there was a major change
between versions 5 and 6 of Visual Studio.
Pthreads-win32 pre-built dlls and libs are built
with MSVC 6.0.

Throwing some keywords at www.Google.com I found some
potentially useful information, suggesting that the
problem is in Visual Studio 5 - assuming that it's not
a simple disk full problem.

Here are some of the URLs that I found:

Suggests an internal VS bug with fix:-
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/mswinswdev/lnk1106ifodf.htm

Suggests that there is an incompatibility between
VS 5 and 6 libraries, and so building the library from
source using VS 5 may be the solution:-
http://www.catalyst.com/board/1/messages/1439.shtml

Many more links can be found here:-
http://www.google.com/search?q=fatal+error+LNK1106

Hope this helps.
Ross

--
| Ross Johnson            |   | "Come down off the cross
| Management & Technology |___|  We can use the wood" - Tom Waits
| Building 11                 |
| University of Canberra      | eMail: rpj@ise.canberra.edu.au
| ACT    2601                 | WWW:
http://public.ise.canberra.edu.au/~rpj/