What's the suggested way to build pthreads?

I've read in the FAQ that the suggested way to build pthreads is using Mingw32 with the MSVCRT library. But all the links to Mingw32 seems very old (from the previous millenium) and some links doesn't even exist anylonger.

So what is the answer today, how should I build pthreads?
And if the answer still is that I should use Mingw32 from where do I get it and the other stuff that I may need?

I have Cygwin 1.0 and VC++ 6.0 on Win2000. I also have a collegue who have the same environment as I do except for VC++ which he doesn't want to install if doesn't have to (he's working in another project and they don't use VC++).

Thanks,
Magnus