Problem linking in pthread librarry.... (Newbie)

Hi,

After reading all the readme's and FAQs I still have a bit of a problem
linking with pthread for win32. Somebody might have already solved it...

Here is the problem....

I am porting a small daemon program from linux to win32 (... yes, I
know...). Anyway, becasue this little beast is supposed to be used on
systems that I am unable to install the pthread.dll, I am trying to build a
static pthread library and link it in with my code.

I have fudged building process using VC7.1 (.NET) so it does build a .lib
file, however, when I try linking with my code, I get the following link
problems:

=============
fdca.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__pthread_join
referenced in function _main
fdca.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__pthread_create
referenced in function _main
fdca_schedule.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_create
fdca_collect.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_exit referenced in function _fdca_collect
fdca_command.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_exit referenced in function _fdca_command
fdca_schedule.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_exit
ds.lib(ds.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_mutex_init referenced in function _ds_list_init
ds.lib(ds.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_mutex_unlock referenced in function _ds_list_insert
ds.lib(ds.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_mutex_lock referenced in function _ds_list_insert
.\/winagent.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
=============

Now, I am sure I have stuffed up something, but I can't figure out what
(obvious conclusion :-). My code seems to generate '__imp__function_name'
instead of '_function_name'. I have a number of other external static
libraries I am linking with, but they all seem to be linking in happily.

The Makefile with nmake builds only a DLL version, and I am trying at the
moment to get it to build a static lib too, but with not much success.

I would be ethernally grateful if somebody was able to quickly identify what
I am doing wrong.

Cheers,

Srdjan
Melbourne