Re: Windows kernel-mode implementation of pthreads

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
Is there Windows kernel-mode implementation of pthreads ?

Is one needed? I must admit I do not know all the rules of Windows kernel mode programming.

I currently want only condition variable.

It is not too hard to port condition variables over to Windows events if that is all you need.

If not (expected), will it be
violation of LGPL if I use code from pthreads-win32 in kernel mode
driver for Windows ?

If you need to 'cut and paste' then you will need to publish your source code, but if you use pthreads-win32 as a DLL you do not.

If it is legal, I'd like to know about any caveats
that you expect I'll fall into when porting condition variable code into
Windows Kernel mode.

-- Phil Frisbie, Jr. Hawk Software http://www.hawksoft.com