Re: Windows kernel-mode implementation of pthreads

"Phil Frisbie, Jr." wrote:
[...]
> > If not (expected), will it be violation of LGPL
> > if I use code from pthreads-win32 in kernel mode
> > driver for Windows ?
>
> If you need to 'cut and paste' then you will need
> to publish your source code, ...

Not necessarily.

http://digital-law-online.info/lpdi1.0/treatise9.html

<quote>

II.E.2. Idea-Expression Merger and Scènes À Faire

When there are only a limited number of ways that a
concept or idea can be expressed, there is little
difference between the idea and its expression, and
it is therefore said that the two have "merged."
When this happens, the limited number of ways of
expressing the idea are not entitled to copyright
protection because, in essence, that would be
protecting the idea, something outside the scope of
copyright. The merger doctrine means that even if
things are substantially similar, or even identical,
there might not be a copyright infringement.

</quote>

regards,
alexander.