From: pthreads-win32-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:pthreads-win32-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Gisle Vanem
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 7:18 AM
To: pthreads-win32
Subject: snap-2004-11-03 breakage

snap-2004-11-03 breaks a lot of applications by the way 'pthread_t' is defined:

typedef struct {
   void * p;                   /* Pointer to actual object */
   unsigned int x;             /* Extra information - reuse count etc */
} ptw32_handle_t;

typedef ptw32_handle_t pthread_t;

Code like (from Ettercap)
 pthread_t pid = ec_thread_getpid("golem");
 if (pid != 0)
   ec_thread_destroy(pid);

no longer works; you cannot compare a struct against 0.

I'm not sure you really meant to do that or if the typedef should be
typedef ptw32_handle_t *pthread_t;

--gv