Re: Using pthread_t as a key in a map

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
I'm going to rewrite the WaitForMultipleObjects-like function.

The function should wait until all the mutexes are available, but
should NOT keep
some of them locked (some cpu cycles are ok) until all of them become
available.

The code I wrote was based on an example from the IBM website (I think
it was for the 360 series? I really don't remember...).

I think that I will take this approach to order the mutexes I will
include the pthread_t in a structure that contains a scalar unique ID.

I will let you know how this task proceeds.

Paolo