Re: Support for Windows CE 6.0

On 16/11/2010 9:44 PM, Matthieu GALLIEN wrote:
Hello,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pthreads-win32-owner@sourceware.org
[mailto:pthreads-win32-owner@sourceware.org] De la part de
Ross Johnson
Envoyà : mardi 16 novembre 2010 11:32
à : Matthieu GALLIEN
Cc : pthreads-win32@sourceware.org
Objet : Re: Support for Windows CE 6.0

On 16/11/2010 3:03 AM, Matthieu GALLIEN wrote:
Hello,

I am working on a project using an embedded board with an
ARM running windows CE 6.0.
I would like to use an existing library that depends on
pthread for its threading needs.
I am more than happy to have found that there exists a
library with the exact purpose of easing the porting of
pthread using code to win32.
So does anybody reading this mailling list have any
information regarding the support of windows CE and
especially the 6.0 version ?
I am sorry, but because I mostly have a Linux background, I
do not know the particularities of windows CE platform APIs.
This is the main reason why I ask for help.
Thanks in advance for any help
It has definitely worked with WinCE in the past following Tristan
Savatier's patches, and the last updates relating to WinCE
were in 2007,
but I don't know any more than this. So there is a very good
chance it
will work for you with little or no change. See the link for
background
information:

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pthreads/WinCE-PORT?r
ev=1.5&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=pthreads-win32

You will ahve to build from source though.

Thanks for the information, I had downloaded the last version of the source archive after sending the mail and read the WinCE-PORT file. I will double check with the version in CVS.

I am definitely prepared to build from source. In case of further question or patches, I will follow on the list.

Is there some regression tests suite that I could use to test my build ?

There is a "Tests" directory alongside the source files that contains a reasonably extensive suite of tests. I build the library and run the tests using the respective makefiles. The VC makefile is "Makefile" while the GCC makefile is "GNUmakefile". If you run "nmake" without arguments you will be shown a list of targets.