Re: Can't start rhdb-admin

Hi Brian,

> I have installed the entire RHDB (postgres) server and client and set it
> all up according to the manual. All I have done so far is create one
> database and put one table in it, nothing fancy. pg_dumpall shows
> everything that I have done. But when I run rhdb-admin, it doesn't show
> anything.

You're going to first need to set up the cluster that you created in RHDB
Admin (to do so, go to File->Add Cluster ... see 1. below for more info).

> I know that JRE is set up because I have been using J2SDK. So that makes me
> think that my problem is with the JDBC or the client connection. I linked
> rh-pgsql-jdbc2.jar to the JRE lib/ext directory.

Just to clarify, RHDB Admin isn't written in Java and thus does not need a
JRE (RHDB Explain, however, does).

> local all trust
> host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust

This seems okay for both Unix socket and TCP/IP communications from your
local machine(s).

> I am using Red Hat Linux 7.3.

This was one of the two test platforms so it should work just fine.

For more info on RHDB Admin (and the rest of the RHDB suite), please refer
to 2. below.

Also, inquiries about RHDB should probably be sent (or at least CC'd) to
rhdb@sources.redhat.com (see 3. below for more info).

Good luck,

Andrew & the rest of the RHDB team

1. http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/database/RHDB-2.0-Manual/guitools/x443.html#AEN471