Re: RHDB 2.1 Problems

Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel, LLC wrote:
Ladies & Gentlemen:

After a recent install of RHDB 2.1, I am unable to access the database I created in postgresql. Can you please provide some guidance?

We need some more details. How are you trying to connect and what was the message that was issued?

Is the server running on the same machine or on a different one?

Mind that TCP/IP access is disabled by default for security reasons. On the same machine UNIX sockets will be used and this is not a problem, but if the server is remote you need to enable TCP/IP connections.

-- Fernando Nasser Red Hat - Toronto E-Mail: fnasser at redhat dot com 2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300 Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9