Re: PostgreSQL jdbc drivers + gcj

Torsten wrote:
> Are you saying this all works. I mean it's tested, doesn't just compile ?
>
> That would be great news, because we're using a fair few of those, and I
> was just about to test.

I think most of these work pretty well.  For tomcat, servlets work but JSP
pages don't right now.  That will take a little hacking of the tomcat code
because there are too many built in assumptions about the compiler generating
.class files, etc.

I feel somewhat confident about xerces, xalan, bsf, rhino, pgsql-jdbc, bcel,
cup and the regexp packages (which have test suites).  Actually, xalan uses
many of these (xerces, bsf, rhino, bcel, cup), and it appears to work pretty
well.  Much of the Bouncy Castle JCE stuff passes its testsuite.  I expect the
failures are bugs in our library code (BigInteger, or SecureRandom, or ???).

The next major project is to hook all of the various testsuites into "make
check".  It currently builds verious test programs with "make check", but I'd
like them to actually be run and have their results checked.   I don't know if
I'll be able to do this any time soon, so help is appreciated!

Be aware that you'll need the very latest development version of GCC (from
CVS) in order build and run this stuff.

AG