Re: wanted: packages for apache tools (etc.)

Stefan Seefeld writes:

> I'd like to know whether there is work underway to port the apache
> tools to gcj such as 'ant'.

Not that I know of. We need Ant badly. Any volunteers?

> Other tools that seem to rely on it (and that would be good
> candidates for rhug too, of course), are jacORB
> (http://www.jacorb.org), a java ORB, and all the tools developed at
> www.tigris.org, such as ArgoUML, scarab, etc.

I made a note about loking into Jacorb in October last year, then I
got sidetracked.

> Is there any hope for these to be usable with other free software
> (gcj notably) ?

Most likely, but when is the question.

Of course, we encourage you (and will help you) to make it
happen. Maybe I should write some documentation about hacking RHUG.

./A