Re: Problems with the new Xerces

Hi there,

I put up a Ant static compiled elf binary on sourceforge.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/salvation/ant-glibc2.3.1-linux-2.4.19-ix86-static-0.0.2.tar.bz2?download

(don't mind the project page too much, it's mostly still super
experimental for me). It was compiled on a glibc2.3.1/linux2.4.19
system. I was just wondering if somebody could point out some resources
about how this inflences binary compatibility for other linux systems.
Or is it irrelevant for static binaries? There something odd with the
gcc3.3 snapshot from 2003-01-09, as the Pass1Verifier from
org.apache.bcel.verifier.statics will throw an exception in the compiler
because gnu.gcj.runtime.StringBuffer is read twice. It could be a local
problem, so I won't submit a PR yet.

greets Abhun.