Re: SGMLtools-Lite 3.0.0 released

* cg@cdegroot.com (Cees de Groot) wrote:
> joh@gmx.net said:
> > Just as a hint: I have finally found a nice html2text converter that
> > does tables right (and is very nicely configurable). I'm using this
> > instead of lynx for that purpose.
>
> Thanks for the hint. I've entered a corresponding enhancement request in the
> bug tracker. If anyone wants to modify autoconf and the txt backend to check
> for/use html2text, please stand up :-)

Wouldn't it be better to have the txt backend check for html2text at
runtime, with a fall-back to lynx otherwise?

Another thing: There are converters from DocBook to man (roff) and
texinfo at http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/hacks/docbook2X/ - these use
either SGMLSpm and sgmlspl or XML::Parser and XML::DOM. The sgmlspl
versions work fine on DocBook SGML.

I'm using this to convert from RefEntries to man-pages, which is really
great to have. I haven't tested the texinfo stuff, though.

        Jochem