Re: using sgmltools-lite-3.0.0.

Lambert van Eijck writes in message
<Pine.LNX.4.21.0007131632220.1835-100000@irijsf.iri.tudelft.nl>:

>     raise IOError, "Couldn't resolve pubid [%s]" % id

This probably means that your catalogue files could not be found.

>  The strange thing is that /etc now contains a __file__ sgml
> and not the directory. I'm now in doubt what to do with -for instance-
> buildcat.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> I haven't found any README's on a new structure in /etc.

This file is not supposed to exist, you are still supposed to have a
directory /etc/sgml.  What does the file contain?

The Makefile for sgmltools-lite-3.0.0 contains a bug which will install
the aliases file as /etc/sgml (instead of *in* /etc/sgml) if /etc/sgml
does not already exist.  You might want to try and create the directory
/etc/sgml *before* installing sgmltools, which will work around that
bug.

The bug is fixed in the current CVS version of sgmltools-lite.  Once
Cees gives his ok, I will put out an interim release of sgmltools-lite
which contains several other improvements and some more documentation.
Or maybe he does it himself. ;)  If you are using standard Red Hat Linux
or a compatible distribution, there are also some RPM files available
for one-step installation.

Regards,
Marc Andre