Re: architecture paper draft

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Hi -

I committed a first draft version of one proposed architecture in the
systemtap CVS repository.  Check out the "archpaper" module using
anoncvs [1].  Or use a real ssh account so you can eventually contribute
directly (have you signed up yet?).  Just for gags, temporarily
(since it's such an early draft) I put formatted version of the
LaTeX paper up at home:
<http://web.elastic.org/~fche/systemtap.pdf>

- FChE

[1]
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/systemtap login
{enter "anoncvs" as the password}
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/systemtap co archpaper

I attempted to check out the paper via the instructions above. There seems to be a problem. Below are the details. Has anyone else been able to check out the material using anoncvs? -Will

bash-2.05b$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/systemtap login Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:2401/cvs/systemtap
CVS password:
bash-2.05b$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/systemtap co archpaper
cvs checkout: Updating archpaper
cvs checkout: failed to create lock directory for `/cvs/systemtap/archpaper' (/cvs/systemtap/archpaper/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs checkout: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/systemtap/archpaper'cvs [checkout aborted]: read lock failed - giving up