Re: Help with netlink needed

Martin Hunt wrote:
We really need to start getting the kernel <-> user space data transport
code into the runtime library soon.  I have not done any work with this,
so help would be greatly appreciated.

There are special filesystems available for this kind of work. And don't confuse this with netlink. netlink is, I think, really the wrong approach here.

I think the relayfs might do:

http://lwn.net/Articles/19391/

(Might not be the most recent description.)

But you really need to get kernel people's input, since they are the
once deciding about inclusion of such code.

I would not spend much time coming up with a brand-new mechanism of your
own.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â