Re: stpd and translator

Hi -

hunt wrote:

> You mentioned having the translator generate code to read the data from
> the transport.  Can you give any detail on how you see this working?

Certainly.  I envision pulling in those parts of stpd that actually
read the relayfs files (and if they stick around, the netlink sockets)
into src/buildrun.cxx.  This module, a part of the translator/driver
program, would supervise all the build/insmod/communication/rmmod
needs of the probes.

As to *how* this could work - at the first stab you can imagine it *as
if* current stpd ran as a thread within the driver program.  I
envision simplifying it further than that, into a single-threaded
relayfs poller, data-stream multiplexer, and general startup/shutdown
supervisor.