Re: systemtap syntax of runtime/probes/tests4/test4.c

wcohen wrote:

> The test4 example in the runtime library that uses the histograms is a
> pretty cool example. However, I don't see any place in the writeups
> where we describe the syntax for histograms. [...]

People may wish to review:
http://sourceware.org/ml/systemtap/2005-q2/msg00249.html

Implementation accidents aside, histograms are not conceptually
distinguished from other statistical data like averages.  The "<<<"
operator has already been set aside for general statistical
accumulation.

> [...]
> 	print(opens, "%d opens by process \"%1s\"");
> [...]

We will probably have a "print" keyword instead of a functional
syntax.