Re: runtime transport changes

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 10:31 -0500, Tom Zanussi wrote:

>  > 5. Relayfs doesn't work on rawhide kernels, but the new transport works
>  > fine.
>
> What you mean is systemtap doesn't work with relayfs on rawhide
> kernels, not that relayfs itself doesn't work, right?  I don't know
> what version of relayfs is in rawhide, but it should work fine for
> anything written to the corresponding API.

Unfortunately, rawhide does not yet include relayfs.  Building and
installing the loadable module from CVS does not work for rawhide.
Relayfs loads but does not work (at least with systemtap).

> I can update the systemtap transport to use whichever API is present
> on the target system, but I'm not sure about the best way to do it -

If the API changed, can you tell which version you have by grepping
System.map, kind of like stp_check does?

RELAYFS=`grep " relayfs_poll" /boot/System.map-\`uname -r\``

Martin