Re: support for install

Hi Frank, all.

> Systemtap can pull debugging information out of a vanilla kernel
> that's built/installed from its own Makefile (without rpm), as long as
> CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO was set.

Do I need special configuration for this to happen? When I don't have
the debuginfo installed, I get the following error:

Pass 1: parsed user script and 4 library script(s).
parsed '*init*' -> func '*init*'
semantic error: no match for probe point
         while: resolving probe point kernel.function("*init*")
Pass 2: analyzed user script.  0 probe(s), 0 function(s), 0 global(s).

(I get the same error with probe as ("*@kernel/sched.c:240"))

I want to use systemtap with a vanilla kernel, but I also tried with a
standard Fedora kernel, and I get the same error when I don't have the
kernel-debuginfo package. Everything works fine with this package. I was
not able to figure out how the kernel-debuginfo package is generated
from the kernel source RPM (.spec file).

--
Sebastien Decugis
Bull S.A.